Friday, December 2, 2011

Last Week of the Semester

Friday, December 02, 2011
Last Face-to-Face Class
This is the last class for Introduction to Instructional Technology. It has been an engaging semester and everyone has learned a lot. We began the semester with some trepidation but overcame it as our confidence increased. This class also introduced us to some of the key players in instructional technology along with an introduction to some learning theories. The next few courses will focus more on these two topics. My classmates in this course have inspired me to look at new ways to present information. I especially want to work with Movie Maker and other movie creation programs. This is a project I plan to work on over the semester break.
ADDIEOne of the learning theories we recently discussed was the ADDIE model.

The name ADDIE stands for the words:
Analysis- Analysis looks at the goals, objectives, needs and all other information pertinent to solving the problem.
Design-Design is the process used to work with the learning objectives. One can use storyboards and other planning methods to create how the learning presentation will look and feel.
Development-Development is producing a product with the materials and methods generated during the design process.
Implementation-Implementation puts the plan into action and begins the process of training/teaching.
Evaluation-Evaluation is the final phase of the ADDIE process. This phase is broken into two parts where the first part is evaluating each of the participants’ progress and the second learning how effective the instructional materials were.
Here are two links that summarize the ADDIE model.

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I absolutely agreed with you. I think that this class have expand my knowledge in terms of the different technological tools that are outhere for me to use. It is amazing how much is available, and I didn't know about. As well as you, I also plan in going further. I am extremely interested in learning about imovie, and would love to be able to make future projects with this magnificent tool. I liked a lot Terry's, Brielle's, and Tarah's presentation. I mean, all of the presentations were just divine. Audrea's, Melissa's, and Sue's were just wonderful. Your group ALSO did an outstanding job. In summary, I think everybody worked hard on it and it definetely showed. I am sure Dr. Ackerman appreciates that a lot. But when I saw that Terry's group did a movie, it really make think that it was great approach for the presentation, and I immediately start thinking how cool it would be to be able to learn that tool and make presentations with it. So, this is something that I envision doing in the future.

    Thank you for the great ADDIE information that you included in your posting. You bet I printed it out, LOL!

    Well, it was so good to have you as a clasmate, and I hope to see you around.

    Take care!

    Happy Holiday Season!

    Johana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,

    After the IT History Exhibit presented with iMovie, I was inspired to really learn more about iMovie.

    I was able to accomplish this goal while working on my PSA. I was surprised at how much iMovie is able to do: add music, voiceovers, still images, text slides, animate, etc.

    Thanks for the great summary of the ADDIE model!

    -Susan

    ReplyDelete